segunda-feira, 20 de julho de 2026

Base proportion changed my life completely.

The day I discovered what base proportion really means, it was suddenly the beginning of my joy towards cars. At first, I was skeptical because I never realized something so simple in my calculations. But then, one guy who owns a black Mitsubishi GTO here in Brasil pointed out to me, in a photo, that his car has a wheelbase shorter than a Honda Civic EG hatch. Then... my mind started to find the number. Then I divided the length of the wheelbase by the total width of the car and...

Base proportion!

Suddenly I got the formula that actually tells me exactly how delicious a car could be if properly tuned. How sharp it will be on drifting, how easy it will be on cornering potential, how surprising any kind of car can be without ever being a proper sports car build from that perspective on mind. Its even one of the main factors that make me consider a car reliable enough, even more so than the drivetrain layout. And just with the "life line" where the engine is positioned, I can pretty much dictate alone which car has naturally a better chance to succeed. I finally realized what actually makes a Ferrari so delicious to drive. Sometimes with a dangerous spice as well.

People only come with the ideas of horsepower and torque numbers that make no sense to me, or talk about turbos and superchargers as if they were the sole saviour gadgets of all time, or try to come up with recipes that end up mostly in crafting expensive machines that can only exert a limited amount of the real performance - and are boring to drive.

And just with the minimal example taken from the history of MF Ghost, I can literally tell you which kind of car will actually defeat Shuichi Shigeno's "weight/grip ratio" rule proposed. Now, you might think I'm crazy about doing this to a little story about street racing championship manga. But I actually want to know if Shigeno is someone who can really put his heart on his writing. Eager to know how I judge which cars can actually go better than anything else on the corners? I mean, we all know the japanese love doing curves, but can they handle my twists?

Here's the list:

Alpine A110 - 1.34
Alfa Romeo 4C - 1.27
Aston Martin V8 Vantage - 1.39
Audi R8 V10 Plus - 1.36
BMW M6 F13 - 1.49
BMW M4 F82 - 1.50
BMW M3 E92 - 1.52
Ferrari 488 GTB - 1.35
Honda Civic Type-R FK8 - 1.44
Honda NSX NC - 1.36
Lamborghini Huracán - 1.36
Lexus LC500 - 1.49
Lotus Exige S - 1.31
Lotus Emira - 1.35
Mercedes AMG-GTS - 1.36
Mercedes AMG-GTR - 1.31
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 1.48
Nissan GT-R Nismo - 1.47
Porsche 911 GT3 type-991 - 1.32
Porsche 718 Cayman S - 1.37
Toyota 86 - 1.45
Toyota GR Supra - 1.32

With this list from the cars in the story, we have a proper learning about how Shigeno understands what is a sports car. The veredict? He doesn't know how to write a story about sports cars hehehe. Characters that actually have excellent cars are not able to climb upon the MF Ghost championship because they can't properly drive the cars? Well... Shigeno never knew exactly how to write about cars since Initial-D ever came out. He just ended making me enjoy european (and some american) cars as well. Its up to me now. Its up to Highflyer to put things to another galactic level of performance.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Lá fora é melhor? Discordo bastante!

Então você acha que ter um Silvia S13 por lá é tão molezinha quanto os estrangeiros te fazem pensar? Eu duvido muito, quando a maioria dos u...